Last nightâ€™s injury to Center Greg Oden dampened the mood on an impressive Portland Trail Blazers' win against the Houston Rockets. But, look for the Oden injury to open up Trail Blazers trade talks. Many will talk of a jinx that has befallen the team when it comes to injury to Portland big men: Bill Walton, Sam Bowie and Greg Oden.
When GMs call to offer their sympathy for the Oden injury, theywill also make their pitch as to why they are Portlandâ€™s best trade partner Look for the New York Knicks and Philadelphia76â€™ers to be first in the mix. The Knicks are looking for young players on cheap contracts and might be willing to offer David Lee, especially if it helps them unload Jared Jeffries.
The Blazers have coveted Leeâ€™s services but have feared offering a large salary as they anticipated Odenâ€™s next contract. Odenâ€™s season-ending injury and his string of injuries since his Ohio State collegiate days will delay such a big pay day. Since the Blazers will be looking to replace the size and defense that Oden brings, the 76â€™ers could offer Samuel Dalembert while not looking to receive quality talent in return â€“ something the Knicks would.
Yesterdayâ€™s Results: Spread 7Wins 2Losses; O/U 3Wins 6Losses
Even Moneyâ€™s NBA Picks:
- New York, Under â€“ Less pressure on the Knicks since Nets won their first game on Friday against the Bobcats. Nets have played better but their offense doesnâ€™t put up the amount of points a rejuvenated Knicks team has in recent games.
- Cleveland, Over â€“ The NBA and media love affair is over for Brandon Jennings and the Bucks. His shot is not falling as other players start to produce.
- Detroit, Over â€“ Hard one to call as both teams have rebounded in recent games.
- Miami, Over â€“ Heat losing streak comes to an end as Kings fade in a week-end back-to-back.
- Suns, Under â€“ Last stand in the desert for Phoenix as Dallas and San Antonio have proven to be middle to lower seeds. This game is an opportunity to serve notice to the Lakers that they want the Pacific Division title and the conferenceâ€™s top seed.
Letâ€™s discuss your picks and/or how you see these match-ups.
December 6, 2009
Over / Under
http://www.covers.com/sports/nba/nba_main.aspx?t=0 @ 11:00am EST